Thursday 2 November 2017

Spirituality and happiness


Having a spiritual connection has actually been scientifically proven to make people happier.

Did you know this?

What are your beliefs?

Do you believe there is more to life that just the physical?

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe that we posses a spirit/soul?

I urge you to ask yourself these questions.

Spirituality is different for everyone. There is no right or wrong answer but simply believing, believing in something bigger than you is protective against depression.

I believe this is one aspect of ourselves so many of us are missing in our western society. We are so focused on the physical, material possessions and even our physical health. What about spiritual wellbeing? It’s a whole piece of the puzzle that we so often neglect. How can we feel whole when we are not looking after ourselves as a whole?

It is not enough to simply look after the physical, mental and emotional. The spiritual governs it all. It is our highest self and our most powerful tool.

You may be confused when it comes to spirituality. That’s ok. It’s not something that can be crystal clear in this empirical world. It’s not something that can be proven, it’s simply something that can be felt.

I have always had a strong sense of spirituality. My belief has never wavered but I certainly have been caught up in this physical world and been through times of neglect when it comes to my spiritual wellbeing. During these times I have definitely noticed that my physical and emotion self has been affected. As I was not as in tune with my self, my needs and my higher purpose, I began to neglect certain aspects of myself. I wasn’t eating the way that was best for my body
(I have always been a healthy eater but I have not always honoured my body, eating certain things as it gave me a high or to fit in and not be different). I wasn’t being true to myself, expressing how I felt and working on my emotional wellbeing. I was trying to be perfect, to fit in, be accepted by others, follow our societal model of school, to university to a 9-5 job. I had more to offer. I knew that much but I wanted to do what was right. What others told me was right. Be the perfect daughter, wife, and friend. Not the perfect version of myself for me. While in actual fact I could never be ‘perfect’ and at the same time was already ‘perfect’. This is as we are all perfect already.

Exactly as we are.

In all our perfect imperfection.

As human beings the best thing we can do for ourselves, our loved ones and our society is simply to be true to ourselves. Shine our light, share our story, to be unapologetically us.

We are all spiritual beings, we are all connected in a way that may not be able to be measured but certainly can be felt. If you just take the time to truly connect within yourself you will learn unimaginable things about what you have to offer in this lifetime, how you need to be showing up and who you truly are. You feel things more deeply than ever and experience your heart opening up like never before. You will begin to notice the opportunities that are there for you that you may have missed up until this point. You will discover that you have been living with your eyes closed.

See the magnificence.

Experience the magic.

Know that all is going exactly to plan.

You are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Life is full of excitement you just need to be open to noticing it.

Find a spiritual practice that works for you. Do it every day. EVERY DAY. You will notice the shift. You will never turn back. Coping with the physical world will become so much easier as life will flow with ease. Release the resistance. The answers are inside of you already. Let go and just be. Just be you.

Dionne xx

P.S. I am working on a very exciting new program for you. It will be delving deeper that any of the work I have done before. Lets work on all aspects of your health and wellbeing. The physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Lets uncover what has been holding you back from living the healthiest and happiest life possible.

P.P.S. Life is meant to be fun. If its not ask yourself what you need to be doing differently. It your life and its your choice how you live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment