Monday 23 January 2017

2017 a year of change, time to be more authentic.


Happy New Year to you all!

I am particularly excited about this year as I get a sense that it will be a year full of change, in a positive way. I don’t know about you but towards the end of last year and continuing into this year I have been noticing many people making courageous steps to move on from things that they were not finding fulfilling and deciding to chase their dreams. I have found this extremely inspiring. Sometimes we get complacent and continue on in a job, relationship, and daily routines because its what we have been doing for a while but not because it brings us joy, fulfillment or personal growth. It takes a lot of courage to remove yourself from these situations when it feels so comfortable but when they no longer serve you it is so worth taking the risk. I see all the time in my life and in the lives of those around me that once you get stuck everything becomes so much harder and only once you let go, do new doors open for you, new opportunities present and life becomes exciting again.

I think we often forget that life is supposed to be fun. We are meant to be living each day with joy, surrounded by those that we love and who make us happy. We get so preoccupied with work, making money, being who we think everyone else wants us to be, saying the right thing, and doing the right thing that we forget just to be ourselves. We forget about our playful side, or generous side, our true self. This need to fit in is just as much our own fault as it is societies as we are the ones creating a society like this.

I look around and worry about our world, the way greed has taken over, and money comes before all else. It comes before our families, before the environment, before all that is actually important. I see that we are losing ourselves but I also see a lot of compassion, a lot of change and a lot of people opposed to the way the world is going. The amount of change I am seeing gives me hope. I know the world cannot continue on the path it is going but I see many people searching for something greater and bigger and this too gives me hope. We are starting to realise what we are missing and for me I have faith that things will turn around because the solution in my opinion is so simple. We are living in an external world full of chaos; all we need to do to re-balance and slow down is to turn inwards. Re-connect to ourselves. Be more authentic; be more compassionate, more empathetic. If we can just be a little more of ourselves and share a bit more of our own magic (which we are all full of) the world will slowly start to fall back into a state of balance. Within us all we know the answer, we have just forgotten how to find it.

There are so many practices out there that help us connect to ourselves. It is important to find the ones that work for you. I know that being in nature really makes me feel at peace, particularly when I am close to water. I also find gratitude journaling very powerful.

Let me know what techniques help you feel in touch with your true beautiful self?

Iguazu Falls- A place of such beauty, staring at the volume of water allowed me to feel peaceful and connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment