Sunday 19 April 2015

Delightful Dill Scrambled Eggs


Sometime I find that I forget just how wonderful the simple things are. We get all caught up trying to create something new and impressive or having to constantly go out and try the newest cafes. Well I just made myself the most satisfying lunch I have had in a while. It is freezing cold outside and with very few ingredients in the house I thought ‘now what can I eat’? The thought of salad just made me shiver so I decided eggs were going to be the best option. I used to make myself my ‘Dill scrambled eggs’ all the time. Why did I stop? I wondered. Well I have noticed that I have completely been caught up in all the latest crazes. Albeit it has been summer but my breakfasts have mostly consisted of things such as green smoothies and chia puddings. Now, when I go out for breakfast I often order eggs but for some reason I just haven’t been making them at home. After consuming them just before I realised that there is something extra special about homemade eggs. So although it is extremely simple I have decided to share my recipe for dill scrambled eggs as I hope it will make you feel as satisfied and cosy as it did me.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon dried dill or a small bunch of fresh dill

2 eggs

2 teaspoons chevre goats’ cheese

Salt

Milk

¼ avocado

Olive oil Toast (optional)

In a bowl crack the two eggs and whip for about 30 seconds. Add about ¼ teaspoon salt (I use herbamare). Add in a dash of milk (I use almond milk but whatever you have in the house will be fine) and continue mixing. Cut up the cheese into small pieces and add to egg mixture along with the dill and give a good stir. Place frypan on heat with oil to cover. Add eggs to fry pan and mix until cooked and dry.

Toast a piece of bread and spread with avocado and a sprinkle of salt. Place eggs on top of toast and enjoy as a nourishing breakfast, lunch or even dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment